The goal of the Pituitary Disorders Education
& Support is to help improve the quality of life for pituitary
patients and their families, and to improve health care through
communication, public awareness and patient education.
The PDES provides physician and patient seminars to share information
on the diagnosis of and treatment for pituitary tumors, as well
as information on the many aspects of pituitary tumors and disorders.
Since its inception in 1998, the Pituitary Disorders Education
& Support has brought
hundreds of patients, families, and medical professionals, together
for the purpose of gaining a better and broader understanding of
The PDES was founded for the purpose of:
- To provide current information and updates on the advances in
treatment of pituitary disorders.
- Self-help and support through educational seminars presented
by medical professionals, newsletters, and brochures.
- To provide patients with contact information of medical professionals
who have experience in the treatment of pituitary disorders.
- The opportunity to meet other patients through the internet,
patient meetings, and contact list.
Our long-term goals are:
- To promote research that will provide a better understanding
of the physical and psychological symptoms.
- To provide information about pituitary tumors “for medical
professionals who do not routinely treat pituitary patients.”
This information will hopefully encourage referrals, testing,
- To provide mental health care professionals with information
about the impact pituitary tumors have on daily life.