Prices for Treating Pituitary Adenoma + Funding Options
According to statistics, about 20% of people have a pituitary adenoma, but most of the tumor is very small and does not have a negative effect on the body. However, when it increases, serious hormonal disorders occur. This leads to problems such as gigantism, infertility, impotence, diabetes insipidus. A pituitary adenoma requires complex surgical treatment, as well as the availability of modern radiosurgery units. How much will it cost to treat a pituitary adenoma at the world’s best neurosurgeons using modern medical equipment? We answered this question honestly.
What affects the cost of treatment?
- General level of prices in the country and the pricing policy of the selected clinic;
- Size and location of the tumor (for example, whether it affects the cavernous sinus);
- Hormonal activity of the neoplasm;
- Methods of treating pituitary adenoma;
- Patient’s individual features: age, comorbidities.
US specialists are the leading neurosurgical surgeons because they are characterized by incredible scrupulousness and attentiveness. Moreover, all surgeries are carried out using special neuronavigation systems, which allows keeping the entire process of surgical intervention under total control.
How much does it cost to remove a pituitary adenoma in the USA?
- Comprehensive diagnostics – $3,500
- Craniotomy – $28,000
- Transnasal pituitary adenoma removal – $30,000
- Cyber Knife surgery – $15,000
- Gamma Knife surgery – $13,000
- True Beam – $17,000
Treatment financing options
- Loans. If you urgently need money for the treatment of pituitary tumors, you can apply for short-term loans in CT. You can receive funds as quickly as possible – the entire process takes no longer than 5-10 minutes. Such loans have become extremely popular in the USA. Every day Americans get fast money for treatment online. Unlike banks, short-term loans come with relaxed eligibility criteria, which makes this financial product truly affordable. To apply for a loan online, you will need identity verification and any device with an Internet connection. Lenders from the network do not ask consumers to provide a proof of income, make a deposit, find a guarantor, and they do not reject applicants who have bad credit history. You can even be eligible even if you are officially unemployed or retired;
- Social media. Social media does the impossible. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube… Your story should evoke emotions, touch people. It is better if the person who needs treatment personally applies for help. Strong people always evoke admiration and a desire to help. Remember this. Look for thematic groups, communities, ask friends and acquaintances to share information on your page. It is better if they write a couple of lines where they indicate that they personally know you and confirm the need for help. Give your phone number, link to your account and bank details everywhere. Post reports, photos, keep a kind of diary every day. Shoot short videos where you thank people for help, talk about what is happening. Be sure to attach a photo of supporting documents: medical history, doctor’s opinion, receipts and checks for examinations, medications. Few people will be able to understand medical terminology, so provide explanations in an accessible language. The audience of social networks is international. You never know exactly where the long-awaited help will come from, so do not deprive yourself of opportunities;
Bloggers, popular personalities. Don’t ask for money. Ask for a story about your situation. More people follow the celebrity life than the evening news.
Remember, maybe some of the popular personalities were born in your city or went to the same school. Reach out to everyone you can: Popular YouTube teen, actor, talk show host, blogger with thousands of followers. Try to find support in each of them. Everyone has families and the ability to empathize. You can find an approach to any person;
- Charitable foundations, organizations, patrons. It is a controversial topic, but worth a try. Most often, help is obtained for children. Do not expect to be immediately offered to pay for the surgery. Charitable foundations can only help raise the required amount. Getting quick financial support is most realistic from patrons. Unfortunately, those who need help are immeasurably more than those who want to help. Be prepared for frequent rejections.
Top 3 US clinics to treat pituitary adenoma
The Mayo Clinic is the world’s largest community of multidisciplinary community clinics and research institutes and laboratories. Mayo is a unified system for providing the most modern medical care. The clinic is accredited by the JCI as the most competent institution in all traditional fields of medicine and interdisciplinary specialties of medicine of the 21st century.
Mayo employs over 3,300 doctors and 46,000 specialized personnel. Each year, more than 500,000 patients receive treatment at Mayo at the best world standards, using innovative high technologies and new concepts of personalized medicine.
Mayo Clinic is a large scientific center. It conducts clinical trials of the latest drugs, and patients have access to the latest developments in the field of pharmacology.
Mayo Clinics are an excellent training base for many medical colleges and universities for the specialization of doctors and nurses.
Mayo conducts a tremendous educational work both among the population of the United States and around the world, widely informing users of its website about its own achievements in practical medicine and scientific work. Such work is an important part of preventive medicine and early diagnosis of diseases.
Mayo’s patients in the United States and many other countries can be confident that they are receiving the best medical care in the world.
Johns Hopkins Pituitary Center
Johns Hopkins Hospital was opened in 1889. For 11 years, the Hospital has been awarded the National Research Corporation (NRC) Consumer Choice Award. U.S. News & World Report named Johns Hopkins Hospital in America’s Best Hospitals Annual Survey. In 2008, the Hospital was ranked first in the ranking in the specialties of otolaryngology, rheumatology and urology and was ranked in the top ten in other areas of medicine. In 2008, the magazine ranked Johns Hopkins School of Medicine as one of the top two medical schools in the country.
Throughout its 110-year history, Johns Hopkins Pituitary Center has introduced many clinical research into healthcare practice. One of the first Hospital developed surgical treatment of breast cancer (1889), cardiac surgery (1944) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (1958).
Researchers at Johns Hopkins have also contributed to numerous inventions, such as a rechargeable heart rate driver, an implantable insulin pump, as well as studies of the human genome, etc.
Penn Pituitary Center
Penn Pituitary Center is a facility of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. It is home to one of the country’s few dedicated centers for pituitary gland conditions.
Penn Medicine’s programs and centers combine doctors from many disciplines to coordinate care from start to finish. This practice is home to doctors in these programs:
- Neuroendocrine Tumor Program;
- Pituitary Tumor Center.
To make an appointment at the Penn Pituitary Center, please call 267-588-5850.